We would like to let you know that the one thing that we have always done since we opened our doors in 1989 is provide you with the highest quality of food preparations. To do this, each order is individually prepared and spiced. This is the reason why food takes anywhere from 35 to 45 minutes. We reccommend that you order appetizers to keep yourself occupied. We are now offering an EXPRESS MENU for those who are in a rush. THESE ENTREES WILL BE SERVED WITHIN 15 MINUTES AND SERVED MILD, NOT SPICED TO TASTE
31. DAL MAKHANI $12.95
32. NAVRATTAN KORMA $13.95
33. SAAG PANEER $14.95
38. CHANA MASALA $12.95
47. CHICKEN TICCA MASALA $16.95
59. LAMB ROGAN JOSH $16.95
- 1. Papri-Pakauri $6.00 Crisp wafers with chick-peas and potato cubes in curd, spiced to taste.
- 2. Samosa $5.00 A light pastry shell stuffed with peas and potatoes.
- 3. Onion Bhaji $5.00 Plain savoury onion fritters, delicately spiced.
- 4. Shahi Bhajia $5.00 Crisp deep-fried vegetable fritters.
- 5. Paneer Pakora $6.00 Indian cream cheese fritters, subtly spiced.
- 6. Aloo Chaat $6.00 A potato delicacy tossed with spices and lemon juice (served chilled).
- 7. Chicken Pakora $7.00 Tender boneless chicken fritters.
- 7A. Fish Pakora $6.00 Subtly spiced fish fritters.
- 8. Keema Samosa $6.00 Minced lamb with herbs and spices in a light pastry shell.
- 9. Murg Kebab $8.95 Spicy grilled chicken wings — dry or in a hot tomato sauce.
- 10. Assorted Hors D’oeuvres $8.95 A mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian appetizers.
- 11. INDIA’S TICCA SPECIAL (NEW) $9.95 Chicken Ticca with onions and bell peppers in a tangy tomato sauce
- 14. SAMBHAR (NEW) 4.95 South Indian lentil based soup with vegetabgles
- 15. Cream of Tomato $4.95 Fresh tomato soup with herbs and spices.
- 16. India’s Special $4.95 A protein-rich lentil, onion, and tomato soup.
- 17. Spinach ‘n’ Cream $4.95 Spinach soup with herbs, spices, and cream.
- 18. Chicken Soup $4.95 A spicy chicken soup.
SALADS FROM INDIA
- 20. Katchumber Salad $4.00 Fresh lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes in a house dressing.
- 21. Onion Salad $4.00 A popular Indian salad with onions, tomatoes, jalapeños and spices.
- 21A. Chicken Ticca Salad $10.95 Diced Chicken Ticca served over a bed of organic greens with ranch dressing on the side.
The “Tandoor” is used for tandoori meat preparation and baking tandoori breads. It is an earthenware pot, which is about four feet deep. The upper half slopes inward, thus presenting an opening about a foot in width. It is fired and heated with charcoal. The tandoori preparations tend to have a unique “earthy” taste about them!
(Mixed vegetables are served with tandoori preparations)
- 22. Tandoori Rack of Lamb $23.95 Rack of lamb marinated and grilled over charcoal.
- 23. Sheekh Kabab $16.95 Ground lamb roasted on skewers.
- 24. Fish Tandoori $20.95 Fillet of fish marinated in herbs and spices, grilled to perfection.
- 25. Shrimp Jehangir $18.95 Choice tandoori shrimp.
- 26. Boti Kabab $16.95 Boneless chunks of mildly spiced lamb roasted on skewers.
- 27. Tandoori Murg $13.95 Chicken marinated and roasted on skewers. (Extra for all white)
- 28. Chicken Ticca $15.95 Boneless chicken marinated and grilled. (Extra for all white)
- 29. India’s Grill $22.95 A selective mix of tandoori preparations.
(The above are cooked on skewers, but served on a hot plate)
INDIA’S VEGETARIAN KITCHEN
Since the medieval ages, India has been the cradle of vegetarianism therefore, it is not surprising to find the choicest and most delicious vegetable preparations. Even the humblest of vegetables are coaxed into a rare delicacy, and can take their place at the most lavish dinner table.
- 30. Dum Aloo $11.95 A delicious fried potato curry.
- 31. Dal Makhani $12.95 Lentils with herbs and spices flavored with butter or cream.
- 31A. Yellow Dal $12.95 Channa Dal cooked with herbs and spices.
- 32. Navarattan Korma $13.95 A unique mix of vegetables cooked with almonds, cashew, and pistachio in a cream sauce.
- 33. Saag Paneer $14.95 Spinach cooked with homemade cheese and special spices.
- 34. Aloo Gobi $13.95 Subtly spiced cauliflower and potatoes with herbs.
- 35. Mattar Paneer $13.95 Peas with homemade cheese in a delicately spiced curry.
- 36. Bengan Bharta $14.95 Grilled eggplant cooked with peas, potatoes, onions, and rare spices.
- 37. Malai Kofta $14.95 Indian vegetable and cheese balls in a delicately spiced curry.
- 38. Chana Masala $12.95 Spiced chick peas garnished with coriander and peppers.
- 38A. Rajma $11.95 Kidney beans in delectable gravy.
- 39. India’s Pakora Curry $12.95 Special fritters cooked in a curd-based sauce, delicately spiced to perfection.
- 40. Vaishnav Thali $16.95 A traditional vegetarian platter with a variety of vegetable curries, lentils, rice, and roti (bread).
- 41. Bhindi Masala (Okra) $14.95 Subtly spiced okra with onions and tomato.
- 41A. Mushroom Curry $13.95 A delicately spiced mix of Mushrooms, Peas and Potatoes.
Does that sound familiar? Indian cuisine is synonymous with curried preparations. However, the preparation of curry as it pertains to Indian cuisine is totally different from the everyday mention that links it to the curry powder so readily available at the supermarkets. Curry in India is not a dish but a class of dishes.
The art of Indian cookery lies not in high spicing but in the subtle use of delicate spices to enhance the dormant flavors and subdue the undesirable ones.
We have a varied mix of preparations from different regions of India; however, the dominant style is “MUGHLAI” and has its roots in the Mughal era.
- 42. Chicken Shahi Korma $13.95 Chicken in a cream sauce with almonds, cashews, and raisins.
- 43. Chicken Saag $14.95 Boneless chicken in a spinach sauce.
- 44. Murgh Mussallum $14.95 A spicy chicken curry.
- 45. Chicken Vindaloo $14.95 Chicken cooked with potatoes in a hot, spicy gravy.
- 46. Makhani Murg $16.95 Tandoori chicken cooked in a delightfully flavored sauce.
- 47. Ticca Masala $16.95 Boneless tandoori chicken diced and cooked in a sauce with herbs.
- 48. Ticca Saag $16.95 Boneless tandoori chicken diced and cooked in a spinach and cream sauce.
- 49. Chicken Noorani $14.95 Chicken cooked in a traditional curry served over a bed of tandoori ground lamb and garnished with eggs.
- 50. Chicken Bhoona/Ticca Bhoona $14.95/$15.95 Chicken cooked with tomatoes, onions, and fresh bell peppers.
- 51. Naryal Chicken $15.95 Chicken cooked in a deliciously flavored coconut sauce.
- 51A. Chicken Jalfrezi $15.95 Chicken stir fried with fresh vegetables, peppers and herbs. (Extra charge for all white meat)
- 52. Mutton Shahi Korma $16.95 Lamb cooked in a cream sauce with almonds, cashews, and raisins.
- 53. Gosht Saag $16.95 Lamb cooked in a spinach sauce.
- 54. Lamb Jalfrezi $16.95 Lamb stir fried with fresh vegetables, peppers and herbs.
- 55. Lamb Vindaloo $16.95 Lamb cooked with potatoes in a hot spicy gravy.
- 56. Sheekh Kabab Curry $16.95 Kababs cooked in an onion and cream sauce.
- 57. Boti Masala $17.95 Boneless tandoori lamb cooked in a delicately spiced sauce.
- 58. Bhoona Gosht $16.95 Lamb cooked with onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- 59. Kashmiri Rogan Josh $16.95 A traditional lamb curry perfected by the Kashmiris.
- 60. Mutton Doh Peeazah $16.95 Lamb cooked to perfection with onions and peppers.
- 61. Boti Saag Anarkali $17.95 Boneless tandoori lamb cooked in a spinach and cream sauce.
- 62. Gosht Ka Salun $16.95 Boneless lamb cooked in a delicately flavored coconut sauce.
- 120. Goat Curry $16.95 A traditional goat curry.
- 121. Goat Vindaloo $1695 Goat with potatoes in a zesty sauce.
- 122. Goat Saag $16.95 Goat with potatoes in a zesty sauce.
- 64. Shrimp Saag $17.95 Shrimp cooked in a spinach and tomato sauce.
- 65. Shrimp Vindaloo $16.95 Shrimp cooked with potatoes in a hot spicy curry.
- 66. Shrimp Bhoona $17.95 Shrimp cooked with tomatoes, onions, and fresh bell peppers.
- 67. Shrimp Curry $17.95 Shrimp cooked in a flavorful gravy.
- 67A. Shrimp Korma $17.95 Shrimp in a cream sauce with almonds, cashews and raisins.
- 68. Coconut Shrimp Curry $17.95 Choice shrimp cooked in a coconut flavored sauce.
- 68A. Shrimp Jalfrezi $17.95 Shrimp stir fried with fresh vegetables, peppers and herbs.
- 69. Makhani Machhi $19.95 Tandoori fish cooked in a delightfully flavored sauce.
- 70. Machhi Massulum $17.95 A spicy fish curry.
- 70A. Fish Korma $17.95 Fish in a cream sauce with almonds, cashews and raisins.
- 71. Machhi-Be-Nazeer $17.95 Fish cooked in a special coconut curry with herbs.
- 72. Fish Vindaloo $17.95 Fish cooked with potatoes in a spicy curry.
- 73. Fish Saag $17.95 Fish cooked with spinach and herbs.
- 73A. Fish Jalfrezi $17.95 Fish stir fried with fresh vegetables, peppers and herbs.
OUR SPECIAL RECOMMENDATIONS
- 74. Akbar Boti $18.95 Tandoori lamb and shrimp cooked in a special sauce with bell peppers and herbs.
- 75. Ticca Jehangir $17.95 Tandoori boneless chicken with tandoori shrimp cooked in a special sauce and flavored with exotic spices.
- 76. Mughlai Baida Curry $12.95 Choice hard-boiled eggs cooked to perfection in an enticingly spiced sauce.
- 77. Shrimp Ticca Masala $19.95 Tandoori shrimp cooked in a delightfully flavored sauce.
- 78. Paneer Makhani $15.95 Cheese cooked in a flavorful sauce with herbs and spices.
- 78A. Paneer Bhoona $15.95 Cubed chunks of homemade Indian cheese cooked with tomtoes, onions and bell peppers.
INDIA’S COMBINATION THALIS
- 79. India’s Thali $21.95 A dinner for one, includes a choice sampling of tandoori and curry preparations.
- 80. Goa Thali $22.95 A dinner for one, with a variety of seafood preparations.
- 81. Jahan Ara Thali $48.95 A sumptuous three-course dinner for two, including dessert.
- 82. Rajasthani Thali $44.95 A vegetarian dinner for two, includes appetizer, a variety of vegetarian preparations and dessert.
CHILDREN’S SPECIAL ORDERS
- 83. Tandoori Murg (27) $8.95
- 84. Chicken Ticca (28) $8.95
- 85. Chicken Shahi Korma (42) $8.95
- 86. Finger Chips (French Fries) $2.95
Minimum of one entrée per person.
BIRYANI is a delectable variation of rice preparation and is a mughlai specialty.
- 87. Lamb Biryani $16.95 Rice cooked with lamb, herbs and spices.
- 88. Chicken Biryani $15.95 Boneless chicken cooked with rice.
- 89. Shrimp Biryani $17.95 Rice cooked with shrimp, herbs and spices.
- 90. Vegetable Biryani $14.95 Rice cooked with fresh vegetables.
- 91. Shola Pullao $10.95 Basmati rice cooked with peas, spices and herbs.
(Note: In case you want us to use almonds, cashews, and raisins please let us know.)
ROTI (INDIAN BREADS)
Indian breads are unique unto themselves. They have no counterpart in English or continental cookery. Unlike the breads of Western origin, Indian breads are not all leavened. Tandoori roti is baked in the tandoor, and is most popular in Punjab due to the fact that they are real delicious if consumed while still hot.
- 92. Roghni Nan $2.50 A triangular shaped flat bread.
- 93. Roti $2.50 A whole wheat bread
- 94. Paratha $3.50 A layered and buttered whole wheat bread.
- 95. Aloo Paratha $3.50 Stuffed with mildly spiced potatoes.
- 96. Kanda Paratha $3.50 Onion and garlic bread.
- 97. Paneer Paratha $3.50 Stuffed with homemade cheese.
- 98. Keema Paratha $3.50 Stuffed with spiced ground lamb.
- 99. Gobi Paratha $3.50 Stuffed with grated spicy cauliflower.
- 100. Peshawri Nan $3.50 Sweet nan with coconut and raisins.
- 101. Garlic Nan $3.50
Breads are all buttered on top. Please let us know if you want them otherwise.
SIDE ORDERS AND CONDIMENTS
- Papadum $1.95
- Raita $2.50
- Mango Chutney $2.50
- Achaar (Indian Pickles) $2.50
- Navrattan Korma $7.95
- Dal Makhani $7.95
- Saag Paneer $7.95
- Chana Masala $7.95
- Basmati Rice $2.95
- Extra Plate Setting (Rice, Raita and Salad) $3.00
- 102. Kheer $4.95 A very popular rice pudding with almonds and raisins.
- 103. Ras-Malai $4.95 Indian cream cheese balls in double cream with pistachios $3.50
- 104. Gulab Jamun $4.95 Lustrous brown cream cheese balls in syrup.
- 105. Gajar Halwa $4.95 A grated carrot pudding with raisin and nuts.
- 106. Kulfi $4.95 An Indian ice cream, available in various flavors – mango, pistachio, chocolate or strawberry.
- 107. Cinnamon Bread Pudding $4.95 A cinnamon treat.
- 108. Mango Fruit Cream $4.95 Delicious mixed fruit in a unique mango flavored cream.
- 109. Chocolate Cake (each piece) $4.95 A chocolate lovers delight.
- 110. Cheesecake (each piece) $4.95 Available in various flavors.
- 111. Jalebi $4.95 A pretzel shaped Indian sweet.
- 112. Vanilla Ice Cream $4.95
- Coffee $3.95 Regular or decaffeinated.
- Chai $3.95 A special sweet spiced tea brewed with herbs and spices, recommended as an after-dinner beverage. Due to the cost of the spices, we can only offer one refill for free.
- Ice Tea $2.95 A cardamon flavored variation.
- Soda (1 refill) $2.95 We have a large variety of sodas.
These are special drinks prepared from yogurt and fruit juice.
- Sweet Lassi $3.95
- Salty Lassi $3.95
- Mango Lassi $3.95
- Strawberry Lassi $3.95
- Pineapple Lassi $3.95
- Grape Lassi $3.95
BEER FROM INDIA
Beer goes well with Indian cuisine. In fact, it enhances the flavor of various spices – that’s what they say! LAGER and the PILSNER are most popular. A note of caution: Indian beer is generally available in large 22oz. bottles! We carry a variety of beer from India.
We serve most cocktails. Please do not hesitate to ask for your favorite!
- MADRAS 6.95 Absolut Vodka and Cranberry juice.
- SIMLA 6.95 Baccardi Rum and pineapple juice with a dash of lime.
- JAIPUR 6.95 Gin with lime juice and a splash of soda.
Prices subject to change without notice.